Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Meyer Lemon Tart with Salted Shortbread Crust

 photo IMG_1389_zps4b864820.jpg People with meyer lemon trees always have a hard time using up all those lemons and I am more than happy to take them off their hands. I have a huge lemon tree in my backyard that is seriously in need of maintenance. And while the lemons taste ok, they are lumpy, thick-skinned and very difficult to pick off those too-tall, overgrown, super-thorny branches. I should really take care of that s**t. But for now, I'd just as soon leave it alone and rely on my meyer lemon hookups. Luckily, a pile of beautiful meyer lemons just fell into my lap so I made them into this tart with a salted shortbread crust.

2 comments:

  1. that. looks. amazing. I can nearly taste the meyer lemons just by looking at the tart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ashley! It was pretty easy to make--here's the recipe:
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Lemon-Honey-Tart-with-Salted-Shortbread-Crust-51140700
    I love their photo too!

    ReplyDelete